Monday, July 4, 2011

Bad Manicure Romance

This is a manicure I did over Memorial Day (I told you I was slacking :) ) I found some nail art stickers that I were interested in and thought I would try. Everything started out ok. I did my usual base coat and painted 2 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Lavender Cloud. This was the first time I had used a color out of that collection, even though I have 3 colors from it. I liked the color but found the brush to be a little on the weird side for me. I didn't like the brush that much because of how it applied the polish.
Because I have klutz tendencies...I decided to use drying drops on it so I wouldn't have to redo a nail....bad mistake...I was using the OPI Drip Dry drops and it had an unusual effect...the nail polish got some funky looking skin on it...like when pudding dries on the top (nasty I know but that's the best way I can explain it..lol).
Then it went from bad to worse. I have a bad habit of doing my nails in bed. I sat my acetone down on my comforter and didn't know that the bottle wasn't closed all of the way. I didn't notice it until it had already gone through my comforter, top sheet, fitted sheet, mattress pad and all the way down into the mattress...Talk about pissed!!!! I had to wash them all at like 5 o'clock in the morning...I finally got the stickers on it and a couple coats of Seche Vite. Here was the final result. Not too bad but a lot of frustrations...

No comments:

Post a Comment